Embedded Firmware / Software Engineer
Cadex Electronics Inc. is an established global leader in battery management products. With over 30 years of experience developing and commercializing technologies for testing and servicing batteries, Cadex has delivered solutions to many of the world's largest companies in diverse industries that include radio and cellular communications, medical devices, portable computing, and aviation. Cadex is ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 (medical) certified and takes advantage of both local and offshore manufacturing to produce high quality products that have earned the company a strong reputation with its customers.
Cadex Electronics is looking for a dynamic Firmware Engineer to join our firmware team. As a member of the firmware team you will work with a talented group of Engineers developing new products from inception through release along with the support for existing products. We are seeking someone who can work in both a team and individual role depending upon the nature of the project.
- An Engineering or Computer Science Degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 2+, post secondary years work experience in an electronics company or manufacturer developing products with firmware or embedded software experience.
- Strong debugging skills and the ability to code and troubleshoot at the hardware level,
- Experience with complete product life cycle is required
- Knowledge of ARM Microcontroller Architecture (M0-M4) and peripherals (or similar)
- Experience programming in C/C++
- Knowledge of programming a scripting language such as Python
- Experience with software testing (unit, regression and system testing)
- Development of software and firmware, through definition, design, coding, verification and product integration
- Assist in bring up of firmware during product development
- Participate in the creation of innovative products
- Support firmware updates in existing products
- May work as part of a team on larger projects, or individually on smaller ones
Interested in Applying?
Qualified applicants are invited to send their cover letter and resume to [email protected]
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.