C8000 Battery Testing System Specifications
Powered by PC-BatteryLab™ Software
- Battery Chemistries: all standard types: Li-based: Li-ion, Li-Phosphate; Lead Acid; Ni-based: NiMH, NiCd
- Battery Capacity Range: 50mAh to 1000Ah
- Battery Voltage Range: Nominal 1.2V-36V (max 45V total) supports serial connection of: Up to 10 Li-ion cells (3.6V/cell); Up to 18 Lead Acid cells (2.0V/cell); Up to 30 Nickel-based cells (1.2V/cell).
- Maximum Charge Power: 100W per channel, 400W total
- Maximum Discharge Power: 80W per channel, 320W total. 160W per channel pair using Dual Power Port cable. External Load may be used to increase discharge up to 2400W.
- Maximum Charge/Discharge Current: 30mA to 10A set in 1mA increments. 20A maximum discharge rate using Dual Power Port cable. External Load may be used to increase discharge up to 240A
- Output Frequency: Square 2kHz (500 microseconds)
- Accuracy: Voltage = 0.1%, Current = 0.25% full scale
- Power Management: Current automatically scaled down if power limits are exceeded. Message indicates scaled test.
- Charge Methods: Charge methods are dependent upon chemistry: Li-ion & Lead Acid = constant voltage with a current limit. Nickel-based = constant current with optional Reverse Load Charge method.
- Discharge Methods: Constant current / Constant power
- Input Power: 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz
- Dimensions: 480mm x 380mm x 140mm (18.9” x 15.0” x 5.5”)
- Weight: 15.5 kg (34 lb)
- Mounting Options: Desktop or 19” (483mm) 3U Rack-mount (brackets included)
- Display: 5.7” (145mm) QVGA 320x240 graphics with backlight
- Recommended Operating Temperature: 5 to 35ºC (40 to 95ºF)
- Recommended Storage Temperature: -20 to 70ºC (-4 to 160ºF)
- Safety Certification: CSA, UL, CE
- Environmental Certification: RoHS, WEEE
- Security: Password protection
- Warranty: Standard: 2 year limited warranty (materials & workmanship). Extended (Optional): Additional 2 years (total 4).
- Calibration: Recommended factory calibration every 1 year. Contact Cadex for further information
- Upgrades: Firmware upgrades enabled by BatteryLab software
BATTERY & DATA INTERFACES
- Channels: 4 Independent Channels each including: 1 Battery Port + 1 I/O Port.
- Battery Ports (front panel): 4 Ports each including: Battery Positive (+); Battery Negative (-); Sense Positive (+); Sense Negative (-); Thermistor Input; Thermistor Ground.
- Input/Output (I/O) Ports (front panel): 4x DB25 Type, each including: 4 Differential Analog Inputs: 0-5V, 0-10V, or 0-15V; 4 Digital Inputs: 0-5V; 2 General Purpose Analog Outputs: 0-5V; SMBus Enabled: 5 Possible Termination Signals.
- Active Data Ports (back panel): Ethernet 10/100 MB for connection to PC; Designated Serial Port for External; Load Designated Serial Port for Environmental Chamber
- Power Port Cable (Standard) - power: 4 pcs. 1.8m (6’) with alligator type clips
- Auxiliary Cable (Standard) - data: 4 pcs. 1.8m (6’)
- Dual Port Power Cable - power: 1.8m (6’), connects to channels 1+2 or 3+4 to increase current capability from 10A to 20A
- SnapLock Battery Adapter Unit: 2-bay unit connects to C8000 standard cables supports SnapLock Battery Adapters (4-Wire type only)
- System Sample Rate: 500 microseconds
- Terminal Data (last 500 samples) Capture Rate: 2-200 mS
- Capture/Display Rate (non-termination): 1-60 S
- Load Capture: Minimum Sample Rate Increment = 500 microseconds; # of Samples = 10-500
- System Requirements: PC with the following available: Windows XP O/S; Ethernet connection; 1.2 GHz processor; 512 MB RAM; 10 GB storage memory
- # Test Systems: Each BatteryLab license operates: Up to 8 C8000 test systems; Up to 32 individual batteries
EXTERNAL TEST EQUIPMENT
- Environmental Chambers: Models supported: Thermotron 2800/3800/8800, Test Equity Watlow 4
- External Digital Loads: B&K Precision Programmable DC Electronic Loads 8500 Series models supported: 8510 (0.1V-120V/120A/600W); 8514 (0.1V-120V/240A/1200W); 8518 (0.1V-60V/240A/1200W); 8520 (0.1V-120V/120A/2400W)
- Load Capture: Cadex Load Capture Unit (LCU)