Firmware Engineer - Cloud Connectivity (IoT)
Cadex Electronics Inc. is an established global leader in battery management products. With over 30 years of experience developing and commercializing technologies for testing and servicing batteries, Cadex has delivered solutions to many of the world's largest companies in diverse industries that include radio and cellular communications, medical devices, portable computing, and aviation. Cadex is ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 (medical) certified and takes advantage of both local and offshore manufacturing to produce high quality products that have earned the company a strong reputation with its customers.
Working as part of our engineering team, you will participate in system analysis and design, implementation, test and product verification of battery chargers and analyzers. Cadex is seeking an experienced, creative and innovative embedded developer to work with our IoT/AWS connectivity programs/devices. If you have a willingness to take on new challenges and a desire to try new things, this position is for you!
Summary of Position:
- Participate in full software life-cycle management including system design, detailed design, development, test and release activities.
- Develop detailed s/w and f/w requirements in ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 environments.
- Work within an engineering team of firmware and hardware engineers to develop embedded IoT end devices.
- Write firmware for IoT based devices to connect to third party cloud environments via a variety of standard and proprietary protocols.
- Provide ideas and suggestions to drive continuous improvement in development methodologies.
- Implementation of Secure Coding Practices.
- Participate in engineering reviews of documentation and code.
Required Education, Experience & Competencies
- Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a Technology Diploma with relevant industry experience in embedded software development.
- Solid understanding and hands on experience with outsourced cloud environments such as Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- 3+ years' experience in real-time embedded software development using C and/or C++ OR 3+ years' experience developing software for Linux-based and RTOS platforms including low level device driver development OR a combination of both.
- Experience developing IP networking and cloud based systems.
- Knowledge of programming in Python.
- Strong debugging skills, and experience with complete product life cycle is required.
- Experience with software testing (unit, regression and system testing).
- Strong knowledge of communication protocols (I2C, SPI, RS-232, RS-485 etc.).
Desired Education, Experience & Competencies
- Exposure to security frameworks for example NIST.
- Detailed knowledge of Linux, Windows Servers, peripherals and hardware would be an asset.
- Familiarity of ARM Cortex - M microprocessors.
- Prior experience with system bring-up, manufacturing line testing, and/or wireless networking drivers is desired.
Qualified applicants are invited to send their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Interested in Applying?
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.